Type of Information we collect
Bespoke Insurance will require certain data, the information which we collect may include
- Any personal details about you as an individual which you provide to us through forms on the Website and emails exchanged with us or any of its personnel, such as your name, address, telephone number, job title etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, as recorded by emails that we send you (if you elect to receive email updates on our products and offers).
- Your IP Address, a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component of the Website. This information may be used to monitor your usage of the Website.
How we use your information
Information you give to us will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed other than to insurers, or other specialist or wholesale insurance markets we may use to place your insurance, and in the normal course of arranging and administering your insurance. However if there is a claim, we may need to provide your personal details to a loss adjuster, or other third party who is involved in providing a service in the settlement of your claim.
You will be addressed by your name if we need to update you or notify you on any changes, such as to regulations or risk management We may also send you information about other products and services we offer that would complement your existing insurance arrangements with us or which would offer protection against other insurable risks we have identified which may be suitable for your needs. You have the option to unsubscribe from this service at any time.
Information we hold may be used for research or statistical purposes, but this would be on an anonymous basis so that you could not be personally identified.
We will not give anyone else your personal information except on your instructions or authority, or where we are required to by law, or due to our regulatory requirements.
- Any information about you as an individual which we collect from the Website will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
- The information will be used to deal with you and / or your company, including making sales to you or your company, making contracts with you or your company, processing such contracts, and providing after sales service. We may pass your information to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you or your company have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service.
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. If so you will be offered the option to opt out of receiving such e-mails.
- We may need to pass your personal information to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you consent to such transfer by using the Website.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, in which event we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We will not sell or pass on your personal information to any other person, except a company within our group or in accordance with paragraph 4(d) above, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal information for authorisation with an entity outside the EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- How we handle information received or collected about you as an individual through the Website,
- How we communicate with you as an individual, and
- Your rights as an individual in respect to such information and communications.
It does not relate to information about companies held and processed by us.
- “we”, “us” or “our” are to Bespoke Insurance Ltd (registered in England number: 07588349) whose registered address is at 5 Ancells Court, Rye Close, Fleet, Hampshire. GU51 2UY;
- “the Website” are to www.bespokeinsurance.com and any other website owned or operated by us.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can ask us to update or correct it. You can also ask to see the information that we hold or ask that it be deleted. Please be aware however that deleting your information will affect our ability to administer your insurance or assist you with a claim or complaint.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. If you are
not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.